Wednesday, July 06, 2011

A Blouse!



Hooray! I finally had something fresh off my needles! I started this project during the Christmas, and it's now the perfect time to finish off and wear this lovely cotton blouse!

Yarn: Filatura Dicrosa Millefili Fine, from Romni Wools, long time ago

Needles: 3mm and 3.5mm regular Addi Turbo

Pattern: A Japanese pattern from the Spring/Summer '06 Issue of World Knit

Buttons: I was rushing up so I simply clipped two buttons off from a cowl that I made a few years ago.

Alternations: None, except that the body was knitted in the round. I actually didn't find knitting in the round beneficial. It made the ribbing slanted. Indeed I really don't mind joining the seams together.

Comments: Knitting with cotton is not enjoyable.

4 comments:

sherryxie said...

It looks very beautiful!

Munchkin_the_Bean said...

oh, that's beautiful! and so neat :)

opportunityknits said...

Gorgeous sweater. Lovely cables and colour!
I prefer seamed edges more than knitting in the round these days. I feel the seamed edge makes the sweater look more finished and structured.

Asplund said...

Such beautiful cablework - and I love the shade of grey too!